Navigator Development Group Inc. has an immediate opening for an Accounting / Project Control Specialist who is detail-oriented, well organized and an excellent communicator. In this position, the candidate will assist the Accounting and Contract departments with support to employees and customers.
Candidates must have the ability to communicate effectively, interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner, and work both independently and with the corporate team. Emphasis is on accuracy and timeliness.
• Manage full life cycle of Accounts Payable, including vendor’s source documentation, routing invoices for approval, setting up vendors, verifying invoices and preparing for voucher entry
• Operate UNANET accounting system. Proficiency of other equivalent systems will be considered.
• Process Accounts Payable checks and ACH payments; maintain paper and electronic vendor files.
• Obtain and maintain W9s on vendors and prepare annual 1099 filings.
• Verify and process subcontractor invoices.
• Verify the accuracy of Accounts Payable data and make any necessary corrections and adjustments.
• Record company credit card transactions and reconcile credit card accounts.
• Review and process Travel & Expense reports in a timely manner. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and Federal Travel Regulations.
• Handle vendor discrepancies and reconcile vendor statements.
• Communicate with internal employees and external vendors regarding approvals and questions. Respond to vendor and employee inquiries.
• Record daily cash transactions.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices for government contractors.
• Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
Project Control Duties
• Lead contract kickoff meetings
• Review/input new contracts/mods into project control using Unanet
• Ensure contract compliance
• Monitor contract funding and hours
• Submit travel requests
• Provide reports to program management team
• Lead the monthly Program Management Review (PMR)
• Perform Unanet system administrator duties
• Train employees on Unanet functions, as needed
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience.
• 2 years of directly related accounting experience, minimum.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting practices including US Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Proficiency in desktop computing platforms and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Experience with Unanet Financials (including Project Portfolio) - desired
• Government contracting experience - desired